Job DetailsSkip to content
Procurement Risk Assistant
- United States - South
- Location (select region first)
- TX, Houston
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 1 Mar 2018
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Procurement Risk Assistant is an important role in supporting the driving of supply chain risk compliance and good practice within the Procurement and Supply Chain community. The role works closely within the Procurement teams but also helps ensure that all reporting requirements for the Group are accurately delivered
- Ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views.
- Confidence and credibility with good communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Influencing, persuading and negotiating skills. Ability to present ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
- Team player with an ability to manage relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities. Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent influencing, communication and relationship management skills.
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
- Proven analytical skills including ability to gather, interpret complex data, summarise and communicate simply and effectively.
- Imaginative and creative.
- Understanding of supplier risks
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, knowledge of the external market, understanding our Customers, understanding Centrica.
Supplier risk assessments
- Understand potential supply chain impacts beyond Centrica’s direct supplier relationships
- Run risk assessments on potential and existing suppliers and escalate appropriately
- Report status of risk assessments to category teams and act as main point of contact
- Prepare monthly reports on risk profile of supply base and assessments performed
- Be the subject matter expert of the risk assessment tools and what the results mean
- Be an advocate for good risk management across Procurement, delivering training and support where required
Team and Tools
- Be a constructive integral member of the wider Procurement team, actively supporting the development and delivery of the Procurement strategic plans and objectives.
- Actively support category teams through the provision of timely and accurate data using appropriate procurement tools.
Safety and Compliance
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures.
Develop and maintain strong positive working relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring their requirements are understood and being addressed and that communication channels with them are clear and effective.