Job DetailsSkip to content
Electrical Engineer - Distributed Energy Group
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- End Date
- 1 Jan 2019
Distributed Energy is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing assets they have on their own sites. In North America, we have existing and forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors.
The Delivery team, in which this role resides, is responsible for supporting proposals, performing services and executing projects through unparalleled HSES, Engineering and Project Management delivering services and projects while exceeding our customer’s expectations. The Electrical Engineer will support day to day project engineering coordination with external engineering firms as well as with our internal ENER-G Rudox product design team, while providing technical support and cost effective engineering solutions to the business.
The successful candidate will work out of the East Rutherford, NJ office and provide electrical engineering expertise to the ENER-G Rudox CHP solution both internally and externally to customers. The Electrical Engineer will also provide support to the sales team, evaluate existing site conditions and develop engineering solutions which will allow for the successful implementation of Direct Energy’s distributed energy products. This role requires a deep understanding of electrical systems, particularly in regards to power generation.
While primarily supporting the ENER-G Rudox CHP team, the Electrical Engineer will also provide engineering support to rest of the NADE team. This includes representing Direct Energy on sales calls, site visits and as the electrical engineering subject matter expert in all aspects of the Direct Energy product line.
- 5+ years of work experience with a demonstrated history in electrical systems design
- Experience in power generation, HVAC or building services
- Construction and/or business development experience a plus
- Experience using AutoCad a plus
- Experience in the energy industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required – Electrical Engineering
- PE, CDSM, CEM, PMP, LEED, CEA, CEAIT, BEAP, HPBD, CCP, CBCP, CPMP, EBCP, DGCP all a plus
- Engaging with the sales and development teams during the initial stages of project development to assess the viability of potential projects
- Evaluation of customers current site conditions/equipment to determine location and electrical operation for CHP or other NADE solutions.
- Develop 30% electrical designs for use in cost estimating.
- Develop and maintain a network of engineering firms and contractors throughout the NADE footprint for project evaluation, development, and execution
- Review and approval of electrical related RFI’s from the construction team.
- Review and approval of project specific electrical technical submittals.
- Project commissioning.
- Ability to inspect or monitor energy systems, including lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to determine energy use and potential savings a plus
- Work closely and support other teams in ENER-G Rudox and NADE
- Provide on-going customer support as needed