Job DetailsSkip to content
Project Manager - Merchant Power Group
- United States - North east
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- End Date
- 20 Dec 2018
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximize value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow. We are currently looking to identify a Senior Development Manager to become a key member of a merchant power team to establish and build a North America Merchant Power business. Our goal is to build a 400MW energy portfolio of flexible generation over a 5 year period. This development manager will help us:
- A key member of the pioneering team, establishing and building the North America Merchant Power business, aiming to build a 400MW portfolio of flexible generation over a 5 year period
- Lead technical all aspects of specific investment opportunities from concept stage through to FID in order to underpin the DE&P growth
- Establish the local project execution capability
- A proven track record of success in Project Management expertise is essential, preferably with extensive experience in the power industry.
- A strong commitment towards HSE
- A thorough understanding of the commercial issues of contracts
- Risk management and contingency planning on projects is essential, as well as exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment. The ability to adapt and work on new areas as the business focus changes is essential.
- Able to communicate effectively both in verbal and written form for internal reporting / coordinating purposes.
- Collaboration – Capable of building close, constructive and challenging working relationships across different work functions
- Technology – good understanding of power generation technologies and technical factors to consider during construction and operation
- Market Insight – understanding of power flexibility markets. Able to understand business models and identify highest value opportunities. Expertise in US markets desirable
- Power sector expertise (predominantly with technology focus)
- Technical, analytical and problem solving skills in addition to a well-developed commercial awareness, competence in project planning and general project management.
- Demonstrable track record of executing capital projects safely, within budget and to schedule.
- Experience in working with partner organisations in the past including consultants or OEMs
- Track record of working with other business functions and calling on resources from these areas to support the project activity
- College Degree or Equivalent
Support to the Project Development Team
- Provide technical and commercial guidance in devising both the project execution and commercial/contracting strategies.
- Oversee the preparation of scopes of work, functional specifications, project programmes, pricing schedules and other works as necessary for production of Invitations to Tender for power station contracts, drawing on resource from the UK based Merchant Power development team.
- Lead the commercial and technical assessment of tenders to determine the highest value-added bids;
- Leverage required resources from the relevant engineering, HSEQ, project and asset optimisation teams to complete feasibility studies and select preferred suppliers
- Establish local project execution capability, working closely with the Head of Engineering and Projects to leverage UK capability and establish project teams to effectively oversee and support construction works.
- Provide safety leadership, ensuring that Centrica standards and CDM regulations are met and there is no harm to people or the environment.