Job DetailsSkip to content
- United States - South
- Location (select region first)
- TX, Houston
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 18 Jan 2018
Direct Energy is seeking a Franchise Events Coordinator, reporting to the Franchise Events Manager, will provide support for the planning and execution of in-house and off-site meetings. This role will have a primary focus on administrative tasks associated with logistics before, during and after events; registration and housing; travel coordination; speaker coordination; awards coordination; and more. This position is based in Houston, Texas (Greenway Plaza), remote/work from home candidates will not be considered, and relocation is not offered for this position.
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- At least two years of full time corporate or association meetings/events experience.
- Proven effectiveness in working with diverse client/participant groups, managing budgets and logistics.
- Team player but has the ability to work independently.
- Ability to independently seek resources to complete a project.
- Skilled at coordinating projects with tight deadlines and many details in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with on-site event management including setup, registration, venue logistics and audio/visual needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective trouble-shooting skills and good judgment.
- Ability to work with team members both in-office and remotely.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and early mornings with occasional weekends and travel.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required.
- Experience with Cvent and/or DoubleDutch is a plus.
- Purchase Coordination of Event Services and Supplies
- Maintain Expense Spend-Down & General Ledger Reconciliation
- Build and maintain online systems for accommodations
- Create and Distribute Weekly Reports
- Onsite registration and housing management for events
- Create and Maintain historical Reporting for event
- PowerPoint Collection and Legal Review Coordinator
- Coordinate Content, including schedule, speaker bio/photo session information
- Air / ground travel coordination
- Internal event operations (meeting space, catering, materials)
- Primary point of contact for phone and email questions
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Website Text