Job DetailsSkip to content
- United States - North east
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 30 Mar 2018
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Business Management, Marketing or a related field.
- 2 or more year’s business experience, preferably in Sales or Energy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Persistent, straightforward, and places an emphasis on value/benefit over price.
- Knowledge of DEB internal processes and systems preferred but not required.
- Strong Microsoft Office and SFDC skills.
- Knowledge of energy industry preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and deadline orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Resourceful, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- May require travel approximately 20%.
The Sales Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the efforts of the Manager and BDMs efforts in the field by identifying and connecting with customer prospects, assisting to qualify/ prepare prospective leads for meetings with Sales, creating and maintaining customer specific reporting and support other “Team Selling” initiatives. The Sales Associate will work with BDMs in the field on monthly basis for exposure to face-to-face selling and work towards a BDM position.
- Identify new prospects to build the sales funnel using a variety of methods including cold-calling, email and social media (i.e.LinkedIn.)
- Determine which warm leads should be developed and schedule first meetings between new prospects and the sales team members.
- Effectively assist BDMs to manage & nurture the prospect pipeline using Salesforce.com to document activities
- Meets and exceeds the annual goals that align with BDM goals.
- Sales Associate will have exposure to Cohorts A&B customers as well as certain Broker RFPs managed within the region. This includes renewing customers prior to contract expiration to avoid MBR charges, ensure customers are receiving market reflective rates, and assisting in customer satisfaction as measured by NPS.
- Support Compliance Products.
- Coordinate project report outs and other meetings.
- Coordinate with Sales Support.
- Work on special projects/assignments as needed.
- Serve as a role model for others in CARE Behaviors and DEB Culture.
- Develop themselves for other roles within the DE organization, specifically Sales.