Job DetailsSkip to content
- United States - North east
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 30 Jan 2018
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- At least 2-3 years performing in related Human Resources duties.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, MS excel. Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Experience working in a matrix org preferred.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, this role is an entry level position responsible for providing a wide variety of clerical assignments in support of the effective and efficient operation of the Human Resources Department. Interacting with and assisting in providing HR services to internal and external customers, within established policies and/or legal standards.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions – acts as front line HR Support.
- Partners with key stakeholders to ensure accuracy of HR data.
- Processes employee change requests and manages process to ensure completion.
- Prepares new employee files & assists with new hire onboarding.
- Conducts audits of various HR reports.
- Assists with various research projects.
- Ability to work with and analyze data.
- Ensures employee files are in compliance.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of communication skills both written and verbal
- Display a very high standard of professional ethics, speech, dress and conduct
- Ability to maintain confidential information and use good judgment
- Ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills are needed.
- Knowledge of methods of letter and report writing, filing and records maintenance.