Job DetailsSkip to content
Director, Ethics & Compliance
- United States - North east
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 30 Jan 2018
Bachelor’s Degree or beyond from accredited four-year university or college. J.D. or other advanced degree desirable.
- Minimum 10+ years directly relevant professional experience, i.e., ethics and compliance and energy market experience in a trading environment, law firm or regulatory agency, relevant U.S. compliance, regulatory, legal, risk, auditing or internal controls work experience.
- Knowledge of the standards set forth by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Revised Policy Statement on Enforcement, 123 F.E.R.C. ¶ 61,156 (2008), the Ethics and Compliance Officer Association (“ECOA”) and the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (“SCCE”), the Federal Sentencing Guidelines of the U.S. Sentencing Commission, CFTC, FTC, NERC and state and provincial regulators
- Superior oral and written communication skills with a strong detail and analytical skills and the ability to identify and explain complex compliance requirements and convey difficult messages to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, strategic thinking and decision-making skills and ability to analyse complex regulatory or business issues or problems.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and go beyond the status quo to generate and champion innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and an elevated level of integrity, professionalism and work ethic.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills including the ability to remain self-motivated and operate with minimal direct supervision.
The job holder will be required to manage a varied work load. Key areas within North America Ethics and Compliance (E&C) will include:
- providing advice to senior managers and officers of Direct Energy North America Business organization (NAB) regarding compliance with energy and licensing regulation requirements and compliance controls and documentation;
- supporting businesses and functions in meeting their ethical and legal obligations and effectively manage/mitigate identified ethics and compliance risks.
- monitoring energy regulation compliance and reporting status and/or process changes required to senior management;
- understanding, educating on, leading the development of and implementation of business policies, processes and performance standards, while working with NAB and other functions, for auditable compliance with all regulatory directives from state, provincial and federal energy and corporate regulations and regulators, which can include FERC, CFTC, ISOs, State PUCs, State consumer and retail regulators and corresponding Canadian authorities;
- working with the Transaction Surveillance Manager with NAB Control & Monitoring programs, which includes transaction surveillance, compliance testing, and the coordination of the E&C risk assessment process;
- managing and developing E&C personnel supporting NAB;
- facilitate the development of a consistent compliance program across North America and Centrica Group E&C;
- assess and address the legal, regulatory and reputational risks of the company in coordination with other functional groups such as Legal and Group E&C
- reporting in a timely manner on ethics and compliance activity to provide assurance to the Centrica North America management and E&C team that the Ethics & Compliance program is in place, well understood and respected by all employees, and that the company is complying with all regulatory requirements; and
- work as a team member within the NA E&C organization ensuring alignment on programs and advice and counsel and collaborating across the Centrica Regulatory Ethics & Compliance and Secretariat (LRECS) organization to share best practices and policies;