Job DetailsSkip to content
Proposal Manager - Distributed Energy
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- End Date
Direct Energy Distributed Generation & Power (DE&P) seeks a Proposal Manager to project manage, write, and produce responses to client Request for Proposals (RFPs), qualification documents, as well as create other technical & support materials as requested in support of Sales and Engineering teams. The primary focus will be managing proposal responses for development and/or construction and financing of both behind-the-meter and utility potentially utility-scale distributed energy resources including but not limited to energy analytics solutions, renewable energy generation, stand-by power and co-generation, energy storage, energy efficiency measures. The Proposal Manager will also assist with generating a standard toolset and related proposals for other areas of the North American Distributed Energy business (NADE) as needed.
We desire a candidate who has the ability to write persuasive proposals and presentations that sell Direct Energy products and services, coupled with the technical aptitude to speak and translate the language of engineers, estimators and construction PMs to our customers.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the energy industry with an emphasis on Energy Efficiency, Demand Response Management and Distributed Energy Resources technologies. This candidate will function as a opportunity-development catalyst and play a fundamental role in the sales organization. Additional knowledge of project development, engineering, estimating and commercial modeling process is desired.
• BS/BA, Engineering, or related work experience. MS/MBA strongly preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in writing and managing business development proposals, or sales and technical engineering communications and quantitative analysis.
• Persuasive and succinct writing style that effectively conveys the company’s value proposition.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, superior attention to detail, and ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure quality of proposal and timeliness of submission to client.
• Manage all aspects of the enterprise sales proposal process in support of the enterprise sales team
• Develop and project manage multiple proposals, balancing milestones, and due dates
• Coordinate all activities required to estimate, qualify and propose single or multiple enterprise Distributed Energy Resources (DER) solutions
• Support sales executives during key sales calls, presentations, and site visits as necessary
• Structure, develop, edit, and write proposal sections per RFP requirements
• Conduct preliminary evaluation of RFPs, summarize and distribute the opportunity for further evaluation and set-up kick-off meetings and manage tempo
• Act as project lead, coordinating activities and deliverables among engineering, product management, commercial and customer delivery/excellence departments
• Edit all deliverables to ensure consistent messaging and high-quality look and feel
• Monitor all amendments and modifications to the RFP
• Seek clarification/submit RFIs throughout the RFP/procurement process
• Conduct post-proposal debriefing analysis
• Ensure that engineering and commercial teams (modeling, finance, structuring) have the most up to date/accurate data to ensure precise and high-quality analyses
• Assist the capture manager and/or lead, as applicable, in the development of the solution or winning theme for the solicitation
• Execute estimate and budget for proposed offered solution, engaging departmental support as necessary, to ensure a timely response
• Build tools and templates to standardize and streamline proposal development and lead qualification
• Participate in industry trade conferences and events
• Share best practices with international DE&P team
• Perform other duties as assigned