Job DetailsSkip to content
Channel Development Manager Energy Brokers - Distributed Energy
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- End Date
- 28 Nov 2018
Channel Development Manager – Energy Brokers & Consultants, is a crucial member of the Channel Sales team for Centrica DE&P. This role is expected to work broadly and collaboratively across Centrica to achieve an exciting and innovative growth agenda to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users.
The Channel Development Manager for Energy Brokers and Consultants will be responsible for implementing a channel sales program that leverages the partner network of Direct Energy Business for Centrica. This role will be responsible for all aspects of channel development including partner recruitment, onboarding, account management and reporting. Specifically, this revenue generating role will be responsible for the successful growth of the Energy Broker, Aggregator & Consultant segment in North America as indirect channel for Centrica’s solutions offerings.
Responsibilities will include successful partner origination through to sales close of indirect solutions contracts for medium to large commercial energy users. Offerings can include single technologies through to multiple products, sites, and partners on a deal by deal basis. The individual will work within the larger solutions channel team, but be fully responsible for this vertical.
- University degree (business, economics, engineering preferred), MBA or equivalent preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers
- Strong B2B sales experience including complex deals
- Requires minimum of 6-8 years channel experience, preferably in the energy sector, and minimum 5 years of management experience
- Experience in the energy industry is strongly preferred
- Experience selling capital equipment or solution selling is preferable
- Excellent executive / customer presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
- Proven track record of developing commercial projects
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets useful
- Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to motivate a virtual team
- Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred
- Be the single point of contact for the partner and bring in resources from channel operations, marketing, product, and finance as necessary
- Work closely with the teams in our Direct Energy Business power, natural gas and utility operation teams to leverage their operational insights and contact base
- Manage the overall partner relationship, including: strategic planning, revenue growth targets and all operations necessary to profitably retain, grow and service the partner
- Responsible for achieving revenue targets for assigned partner accounts and for managing partner relationships.
- Promote Channel Partner programs at industry events and seminars.
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential
- Develop and implement channel KPI’s and ensures required data infrastructure, reporting, and analytics for KPI measurement
- Ensure partner loyalty and partner satisfaction, and reduce partner churn in accordance with specific KPI’s
- Become an expert on Centrica Business Solutions product, the competition and the markets in which Centrica competes
- Work with strategic partner accounts and sales group to maximize revenue potential
- Create professional proposal documents, pitches, tenders and presentations.
- Help partners identify new business and revenue opportunities.
- Train partners’ sales and marketing teams as necessary
- Support partners in customer acquisition, conversion, and retention
- Collaborate with partners to develop business plans and execute against a go-to market strategy. Conduct annual and quarterly business planning and joint marketing planning sessions with top tier partners and forecast pipeline and revenue from partners on a quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure partner compliance with the partner agreement, partner program rules, and financial terms and conditions and report infractions to channel management and the appropriate company functions
- Help to deliver partner communications, develop joint collateral, and strategically manage joint events