Job DetailsSkip to content
Service Technician - Combined Heat and Power
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 28 Nov 2018
The Field Service Technician will provide technical support for Combined Heat and Power (CHP) units in the New York Tri State Area. He/she ensures maximum availability of gas engines and related plant through maintenance, trouble-shooting and fault rectification. This Technician can be located anywhere within the assigned territory. This position will have the majority of their time spent at technician shop but will travel to customer sites as needed.
- Technical school degree or certification in electrical, electronics, mechanical engineering, diesel and or gas engine repair or other related degree is preferred
- 1+ years service engineering experience is preferred. Candidates with less than 5 years of experience are also welcome to apply and will also be considered
- Availability to travel 100% of time during business hours
- Availability to travel at short notice
- Willing to work outside of business hours if needed
- Proficient in MS Office and computer applications
- Gas or diesel engine knowledge and experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of electrical system troubleshooting and programming is preferred
- Highly organized and independent self-starter
- High level of professionalism, customer focus and reliable
- Strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement
Deliver an efficient and cost effective service to customers, to ensure that:
- Maximum availability of gas or diesel engines and related balance of plant is achieved through fast response, trouble shooting, and fault rectification.
- Parts are selected, ordered and used correctly, with any parts that prove unnecessary being returned to the warehouse in order to keep wastage to an absolute minimum.
- Warehouse and company vehicle is maintained in good condition, accurately booking parts out as they are used, and reporting actual shortfalls to the Parts Manager.
- Ensure that liaison and communication with the Service Manager, customers, and subcontractors on site is maintained at all times.
- Document all site visits and complete service reports in accordance with agreed quality standards and timescales.
Protect and develop the industry standing of Direct Energy by:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers, based on consistently professional dealings and attitude
- Maintaining a high level of site house-keeping and presentation
- Ensuring that company supplied equipment is well maintained and kept at a high standard of cleanliness
- Maintaining tools in a good and safe working order and calibrated as required
- Follow and adhere to Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and regulations at all times
Support the Service Manager by supervising and training Apprentices and new employees as required