Job DetailsSkip to content
Electrician Apprentice - Cincinnati, Ohio
- United States - Mid west
- Location (select region first)
- OH, Cincinnati
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 19 Jan 2018
Mister Sparky Electric, a Direct Energy Company, is now hiring in Cincinnati, Ohio for an Electrician Apprentice!
Mister Sparky designs, installs, services and repairs electrical systems and parts in strict accordance with the highest industry standards. We also provide an electrical maintenance checkup and service program that ensures our customers' electrical systems are in top working order— which can help extend the life expectancy of a home's modern appliances.
Under the supervision of a Journeyman Electrician, the Electrician Apprentice will be responsible for assisting in the installation and repair of electrical systems and electronic components in a residential operation.
- Assist the Lead Electrician in installing power supply wiring and conduit.
- Assist with troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, motors, cables, etc.
- Assist with installing, maintaining and repairing electrical components.
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Tracing out short circuits in wiring using test meter.
- Examining electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation, tightening connections, etc.
- Constructing controllers and panels.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Experience using hand tools power tools and electronic test equipment.
- Basic math and reading comprehension.
- Willingness to learn electrical field concepts, practices, best practices, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret Electrical Codes, Life Safety Codes, NFPA, Uniform Building Codes and Lighting Systems.
- Solid communication and customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- GED or High School Diploma.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com