Job DetailsSkip to content
Asset and Configuration Analyst
- United States - South
- Location (select region first)
- TX, Houston
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
To ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the Asset and Configuration Management Process. They will provide governance, quality and continuous improvement of the IS Asset and Configuration function. Responsible for developing and owning the relationships between the Asset and Configuration Management team and the Data Owners within the Business, whilst ensuring the Asset and Configuration Management Process and CMS are fit for purpose, used in a compliant manner, and maintained as the single source of truth in relation to the Centrica IT Estate. Furthermore through the demonstration of an analytical approach and skill set they will identify and deliver opportunities for continuous improvement around ITIL and COBIT best practice. They will also develop and implement Data Connection enhancements and relevant technology road map.
- Requires a broad understanding of the technologies provided and how they underpin the operations of the business.
- Experience in capacity and supplier relationship management within a service frame work including SLA, KPI and OLA management.
- Ability to engage, build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all activity delivers greatest value.
- Management of technical stakeholders.
- Positive attitude to developing professional knowledge, expertise and personal skills that lead to increased effectiveness.
- Process driven, structured and analytical approach.
- Broad technical expertise and the ability to apply functional knowledge to complex and diverse issues.
- Experience of working within an ITIL based service delivery model.
- Knowledge of managing performance with third parties or internal delivery teams within a service frame work, including SLA, KPI and OLA management.
- ITILv3 Service Management Foundation qualified.
- Plans works to achieve the overall objectives to implement the organisation’s Asset and Configuration Management policy and standards.
- On-going development of the asset management process and associated methods/techniques adhering to ITIL good practice principles.
- Responsible for the effective stewardship of the Asset and Configuration Management database in line with agreed service targets.
- Ensures the correct level of governance and security is applied to those using Asset and Configuration Management tools, and that those users are adequately trained.
- Proposes and agrees naming conventions and levels to be held in the CMS with data owners.
- Provides regular Asset and Configuration Management reports, including monthly/weekly KPI’s, management reports and ad hoc CI reports.
- Ensures the CMDB is populated, updated and audited.
- Promotes asset and configuration awareness and follow up on process non compliance.