Job DetailsSkip to content
Lead Senior Solution Architect
- United States - South
- Location (select region first)
- TX, Houston
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
• To operate with in the Field Operations area detailed knowledge of work management, forecasting, planning, scheduling, mobile & logistics solutions will be required.
•Contributes to the overall development of Centrica IS strategy by defining the technology road map for own domain
• Is recognized as the subject matter expert for a specific domain (whether it’s by technology or territory).
• Provides expert advice and guidance to organizational leaders, business partners and projects with regards to area of domain architecture expertise.
• Acts as an ambassador of Centrica IS strategy and is an influencing force within their area of expertise.
• Be the design authority on large or complex projects ensuring adherence to architecture and design standards and the Global technology strategy.
• Develop investment cases and influence the business change programme aligned to business requirements and the technology roadmap.
• Assure that solutions and technologies recommended will technically deliver and meet the outcomes defined in the investment plan.
• Develop the relevant subject matter expertise or identify and utilize individuals with relevant expertise to assist them.
• Develop the technical capability of the organization and coach other architects.
- High level of engagement to develop effective working relationships at all levels across the business, simplifying complex technical messages and acting as an advocate of IT both externally and internally.
- Strong commercial and customer awareness and a proven track record of ensuring the customer is always at the forefront of decision making.
- Focused on achieving results using all resources available from initiation through to delivery and feels comfortable to challenge and be challenged.
- Ability to gain confidence of the business and colleagues through excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work effectively across complex matrix organisation structures.
- Must be proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex IT systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of business processes, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, and business transformation.
- Previous technical experience, providing technical leadership across technical resources.
- Experience in a multi-unit organisation, advising and collaborating.
- Strategic Dimensions: long and mid--term (1-5 years), implementation.
- Financial Responsibility: responsible for end user computing technology leadership.
- Possible annual international travel to visit local teams on opposite shore.
Long-Term (sets strategic direction over 3+ years).
- Manages complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sets up and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery.
- Acts as a role model to all architects and looks to promote the work to the wider business.
- Manages and develops staff to improve business performance and build staff potential.
- Bachelor degree level or relevant equivalent professional experience.
- Responsible for prioritization and management of own workload, and others as required.
- Contributes to the Centrica IS Strategy by developing and maintaining the technology roadmap for area of expertise and ensuring that roadmap remains aligned to the Business Strategy.
2. Financial Responsibilities
- Ensures that the roadmap aligns with the overall investment plan.
- Supports the budget development process for a project to maximise the business case.
- Lead in the evaluation of the lifetime cost of the architecture platform, and recommend initiatives for the development and optimisation of the architecture in their given domain.
3. Operational Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of technology roadmap for own domain.
- Keeps abreast with developments in the IS industry to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with domain standards and only deviate for commercial benefit.
- Co-ordinates the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies (across own area of specialism) and promotes awareness among IS and business colleagues. Works with suppliers to ensure that the appropriate technology direction is set (for own area of expertise).
- Influences vendor roadmaps to meet the emerging needs of the organisation and industry.
- Ensures the standards and technology roadmap for the domain are understood within Centrica IS and across the Business Units.
- Provides expert advice on solution options and designs for own area of expertise.
- Providing direction and guidance on the appropriate approach to the solution throughout the project – ensuring proposed solutions are viable.
- Identifying the Centrica IS and business risks in architectural decisions and roadmaps.
- Defines domain architectures (territory, software platform or technology) as a reference for solution architectures and designs in that domain. These architectures should reflect a roadmap for the continuing optimisation of the platform to reduce complexity and lifetime cost.
- Manages complex stakeholder relationships.
- Maintains a deep understanding of the needs of stakeholders to ensure all activity delivers greatest value.
- Sets up and maintains strong relationships with technology leaders among our strategic partners, to increase our influence and insight in to their strategy and roadmap.
5.Leadership and People Management (or Teamwork)
- Develops, coaches, motivates, energizes and inspires fellow team members.
- Participates in and contributes to industry, supplier and peer forums to influence the development of initiatives that are innovative and deliver value to the enterprise.
- Use breadth of domain knowledge to co-ordinate the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and techniques.
- Promote awareness among staff and business management of opportunities enabled by emerging technology to add business value and enhance the architecture.
- Oversee the quality of the work performed by members of any project teams that they lead to ensure it delivers measurable business benefits and maintains integrity with the solution architecture.
6. FSA Best Practice
- Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate within the solution.
- Ensure that designs proposed include provision for the operation of information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Ensure that designs proposed provide adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments.
- Ensure that designs proposed adhere to the Competence and Training procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
- Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities.