Job DetailsSkip to content
Business Development Manager- Energy and Electricity
- United States - South
- Location (select region first)
- TX, Houston
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for building and maintaining direct customer relationships and presenting customers with a total energy management strategy including electricity procurement and energy efficiency opportunities. As a market leader and trusted advisor for over 30 years, Direct Energy is the preferred energy partner to commercial and industrial accounts in the United States. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting direct sales team with a growing fortune 100 company.
- Ideal candidate will have an established network of large commercial or industrial accounts in the electric or natural gas industry and will reside within the area.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in direct / outside sales at a top tier energy company
- Must have excellent product and market knowledge and the ability to educate customers on pricing and market opportunities.
- Ideal Candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, management, or related field.
- This individual will be responsible for the development of a territory in the C&I market segment.
- Responsible for the execution of agreed upon sales targets including net margin, new business, and renewal targets.
- Creating and executing market sales activity, focused on identifying cost savings or value-generated opportunities.
- Developing territory specific sales strategies directed toward maximizing the customer’s objectives and goals.
- Creating new business opportunities through organized prospecting and networking to increase Direct Energy market penetration.
- Remain current on the competition and market conditions.