Job DetailsSkip to content
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- End Date
The Combined Heat and Power (CHP) group is seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team based in East Rutherford, NJ. As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you would be:
- Create finished detail drawings from sketches and/or mark-ups as submitted by Mechanical Engineering.
- Drawings will typically be, but not limited to, machined parts, light structural framework, sheet metal forms, piping, castings and weldments.
- Create finished detail drawings from actual components (machined or fabricated) as required.
- Create bills of Materials on all detail drawings, itemizing the raw materials needed for a finished component.
- Check for detail and drafting accuracy before submitting to engineering for review.
- Follow departmental procedures, drafting techniques and standards as set forth by the Product Manager
- Generate general arrangement drawings and/or assembly drawings as directed by Product Management
- Maintain a neat and organized workstation.
- Maintain drawing files in an organized manner.
- Print drawings and documents as required by project specifications.
- Maintain personal proficiency using AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor; keeping abreast the latest technologies in the field of electronic drafting.
- Record time spent on various tasks and project work on a weekly time sheet.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering is a must 3-5 years of job related experience in the field of mechanical drafting & PID.
- Working knowledge of general computer aided drafting; proficient AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks.
- Autodesk Inventor experience would be a plus.
- Basic computer skills MS excel, words, outlook, pdf
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able coordinate work with other engineers from different discipline as well as sales team.