Job DetailsSkip to content
Lead Solutions Engineer - Technology Development
- Location (select region first)
- WA, Seattle
- Position Type
- End Date
Operating as an internal startup, DE&P’s North American Technology and Product Development team is looking for talented, self-starting engineers to join us at our Bellevue, WA office, and help enhance, connect and deploy our real-time energy monitoring, demand response, virtual power plant and distributed generation monitoring systems. You will act as technical lead on integration projects with in-house and third party systems and you will be key in realizing DE&P’s vision for a federated, cloud-based Integrated Solution Platform. You will also provide solution design support to regional teams in on the East Coast, U.K. and Israel. Your responsibilities will include a mix of Software Engineering, DevOps, Project Engineering tasks such as defining solution architecture, designing interfaces, setting up and administering environments, performing QA testing, manipulating and analysing data, scripting and automating and small-scale software development. In addition, you will be required to apply energy industry domain knowledge by supporting engineering teams develop site-specific solutions and by assisting product managers design applications. The environment will be fast-paced and challenging. You will be required you to self-manage, learn quickly, communicate clearly and put to use a variety of technical and interpersonal skills.
This position places you at the intersection of software and energy. You be working directly with senior managers and technology leads in a global organization. Come join us in this fast growing and exciting industry!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Smart and motivated, with ability to adapt and quickly pick up new skills
- Experience administering, developing or integrating complex software and database systems. Experience with Agile, Cloud, DevOps and API development and testing a plus.
- Understanding of solution design and project delivery tasks and processes, including requirements capture, SOW creation, estimates and scheduling, system design and implementation.
- Ability to perform moderately complex development and data analysis. Knowledge of Python and SQL preferred.
- Preference for candidates with a broad range of technical know-how: Windows/Linux servers, Amazon Web Services, RDBMS, web applications, DevOps tools, Git and API test tools.
- Preference for candidates with power and energy industry technical domain knowledge, including wholesale power market operations and products, utility/grid automation systems, demand response management, meter data management and distributed energy resource management.
- Preference for candidates with IoT expertise, including sensing and metering, device communications and protocols, real-time data processing and analytics
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering or computer science
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience in software engineering or systems integration.
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience in the utility, energy or IoT industry. Preference for candidates that have worked in technical roles for system vendors or consultants.
- Gain a strong understanding of the architecture, interface capabilities and extensibility of a wide range of Centrica DE&P and 3rd party systems
- Scope and lead technical projects to integrate systems, extend applications and pilot new functionality
- Support Direct Energy engineering teams in designing site-specific solutions for commercial and industrial customers, which may involve integration with building automation systems, advanced inverters, meters, battery management systems, genset controllers and RTUs.
- Develop of small applications, interface agents, scripts and data analysis tools, preferably in Python
- Help administer Seattle team’s AWS environments and resources
- Lead QA testing of microservices and applications
- Provide periodic status reports, presentations and documentation
- Collaborate closely with other technical teams in New Jersey, the U.K. and Tel Aviv