Job DetailsSkip to content
Business Development Manager - Rental Generator
- Location (select region first)
- NJ, Iselin
- Position Type
- End Date
Business Development Manager – The rental generator division, is a crucial member of the Sales team for ENER-G Rudox and the wider North America Distributed Energy business.
Specifically, this revenue generating role will be responsible for the successful origination of temporary emergency generator rentals, established and new customers in the market for temporary power. These customers often include multiple products, sites, and partners on a deal by deal basis.
- Full ownership and accountability for originating sales leads and prospects, working with Marketing to participate in trade shows, industry talks and other sales presentation opportunities
- Full ownership and accountability for closing deals; creating positive relationships and transactional progress while working with Commercial team on negotiations to completion
- Work closely with cross-functional internal teams, including the standby sales team.
- University degree (business, economics, engineering preferred)
- Strong B2B sales experience including complex deals
- Minimum 5-7 years of rental sales experience, with a track record of new business development
- Experience in the electrical industry is strongly preferred
- Experience selling capital equipment or solution selling is preferable
- Excellent executive / customer presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
- Proven track record of developing commercial projects
- Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred
- Ability to motivate a virtual team
The area of focus will include systems from 44kW up to 2MW for temporary installations in hospitals, hotels, education campuses, recreation centers, government offices, supermarkets, factories and other energy intensive buildings. Working with end users, consultants and contractors the role is responsible:
- To develop relationships at engineering and executive levels.
- To promote Rental Generator and Emergency Power Systems technology and its benefits to key end user accounts.
- Understand and track the potential project roadmap in multi-site accounts.
- Originate Rental Generator and Emergency Power Systems and related opportunities through business development activities.
- Prioritize those opportunities according to potential and chance of conversion.
- To understand the needs of a client and develop a technical proposal to meet those needs.
- Create professional proposal documents, pitches, tenders and presentations.
- Deliver resulting projects from concept stage to handover for detailed design.
- To understand key Rental Generator and Emergency Power System features and relate them to benefits and related legislation
- Promote Stand-by Generator and Emergency Power Systems at industry events and seminars.
- Working to and developing sales processes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with Sales Manager to establish a realistic yet stretching learning program including product knowledge, an appropriate knowledge of mechanical & electrical & energy engineering, and sales/communications skills.
- Take ownership of personal development, setting roadmap for learning and career goals.
- 24/7 emergency call availability is required.
- Expected work hours consist of 80% outside sales and 20% in office.
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>