Job DetailsSkip to content
Business Development Manager
- United States - West
- Location (select region first)
- CA, San Francisco
- Position Type
- Full Time
- End Date
- 29 Apr 2018
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- 5+ years of energy industry experience (preferably sales).
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or engineering (MBA preferred)
- General knowledge of the company’s objectives and policies.
- General knowledge of Direct Energy sales procedures and systems.
- Technical knowledge of natural gas, electricity, demand response and energy solutions specifications and how they relate to end-users.
- Knowledge of competition within marketing area
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use logical, systematic, sequential approach to problem solving.
- Strong motivation to succeed.
The primary objectives for the Business Development Manager are to initiate and qualify new prospects, make sales calls/visits, negotiate natural gas, electricity, energy solutions and demand response products and services. Maintain strong business relationships with customers identified and assigned in the market segment. This individual will be responsible for business development in the market segment to negotiate and sell energy products to active and prospective real estate, commercial, and large industrial customers.
- Responsible for maintaining all active accounts
- Prospecting and solicitation of new potential accounts in accordance with company guidelines.
- Aggressively close new sales and maintain relationships at the highest level.
- Sell new company products and initiatives to existing and active accounts.
- Assist in determining new markets and update existing market information by organizing and supervising market surveys.
- Assist in promotional activities, trade shows and networking events.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and manage entire sales area with direction from manager.
- Organize time and territory as required by manager to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to its fullest extent to maximize time and territory efforts.
- Preparation of necessary paperwork with supervision as required: expense reports, monthly reports, sales reports, customer surveys, customer correspondence and special projects as required.
- Evaluate market conditions and provide accurate information to management.
- Competitive logistical information.
- Changes in competitor’s marketing strategies.
- Utilizing daily feedback from sales management, communicate changing market conditions to active and prospective accounts.