Governance Risk and Compliance Manager
- UK - South (South East, South West & London)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Governance Risk & Compliance Manager to join our Insurance arm.
Did you know British Gas Insurance is one of the largest UK insurance groups, which includes a significant intermediary business & a medium sized credit broking operation?
This is a high-profile role where you will be providing guidance to senior management to ensure our risk management system meets all the current regulatory requirements.
If you have experience of Solvency II, ORSA and PRA Prudential Risk and are looking for a company who are dedicated to developing internal talent, then we would be keen to hear from you.
- Location: Staines
- Salary: Competitive, £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits
- Provide guidance to Senior Management on the appropriateness of its systems of governance arrangements in achieving its business obligations including profitable growth and fair treatment of customers.
- Evaluates trends in risk management information and external data to support the management of risk within the organisation
- Co-ordinate Internal Model Validation in accordance with the agreed Plan and manage external providers as necessary to achieve this
- Lead the identification and assessment of the PRA Prudential Risks associated with BGI’s business model, recommending mitigating actions, ensuring fair customer outcomes and delivering the appropriate risk/reward
- Continuously improve the Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) process and co-ordinate activity to produce the required reporting to the RACC and Board
- Evaluate new or changing European and UK legislation on BGI’s systems of governance and communicate issues arising and recommendations for change.
- Implement the changes required to the risk management framework in response to changing corporate governance and financial reporting requirements
- Analyse the regulatory and corporate governance implications of new or changing business strategy to ensure risks are managed and escalated as appropriate.
- Ability to form effective relationships with and influence senior management
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business
- Ability to make robust/tough decisions which may be contrary to the business wishes
- Understand and interpret complex business requirements
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands
- Background in risk & compliance within the Insurance sector
- An undergraduate degree, or equivalent risk or insurance professional qualification in Risk, Insurance, Business Administration, Finance or a related field
- A high level of understanding of Solvency II regulations and their implementation in the UK.
- A broad knowledge of FCA regulations and requirements
- Professional qualifications preferred for example; the International Diploma of the Institute of Risk Management or Chartered Insurance Institute (or progressing towards)
British Gas British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Governance Risk and Compliance Manager R9943677’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.