Governance Risk and Compliance Manager
- UK - South (South East, South West & London)
- Provide guidance to Senior Management on the appropriateness of its systems of governance arrangements in achieving its business obligations including profitable growth and fair treatment of customers.
- Co-ordinate the production of the own risk solvency assessment in order that Senior Management can take risk informed business decisions to increase the profitability and drive a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed
- Evaluates trends in risk management information and external data to support the management of risk within the organisation
- Co-ordinate Internal Model Validation in accordance with the agreed Plan, undertaking non actuarial Line 2 validation tasks where appropriate
- Lead the identification and assessment of the PRA Prudential Risks associated with BGI’s business model, recommending mitigating actions, ensuring fair customer outcomes and delivering the appropriate risk/reward
- Support the Chief Risk Officer to implement an effective and market leading risk management system which meets all regulatory requirements
- Represent the BGI (British Gas Insurance) Risk Function on Risk Management Committees to ensure appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation has been undertaken
- Work with Compliance to address regulatory concerns and ensure key action programmes are delivered
- Continuously improve the Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) and co-ordinate activity to produce the required reporting to the Board
- Evaluate new or changing European and UK legislation on BGI’s systems of governance and communicate issues arising and recommendations for change.
Skills & Experience
- A broad background in risk and compliance management within the Insurance sector, working across all levels of the organisation to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implications of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level
- A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management
- Commercial know how including proven senior management experience gained within a European regulated insurer and a understanding of the external market place
- Ability to form effective relationships with and influence senior management
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business
- Ability to make robust/tough decisions which may be contrary to the business wishes
- Understand and interpret complex business requirements
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree, or equivalent risk or insurance professional qualification in Risk, Insurance, Business Administration, Finance or a related field
- Professional qualifications preferred for example; the International Diploma of the Institute of Risk Management or Chartered Insurance Institute (or progressing towards)
British Gas British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Governance Risk and Compliance Manager R9940213’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.