Salary £19,400 plus benefits
Leicester LE19 1SZ
Full Time - Permanent position
37 hours per week between 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday
(occasional Saturday work - 3 occasions per year 9am-1pm)
Customers all use energy for their businesses in many different ways and simply, they just need it to work. The energy industry can be complex and often our customers are faced with challenges.
We are looking for efficient individuals that can quickly learn new processes and resolve customers concerns with passion, enthusiasm and with minimum timescales. This role is based on finding solutions and resolving our customers concerns effectively.
We recognise that our customers do not want to spend a great deal of time talking to their energy company and therefore we want our customers to go through an effortless experience, especially when they are faced with a problem. We pride ourselves in taking ownership and being accountable for our customers concerns.
Primarily the role is to investigate and resolve customers enquiries, both queries and complaints, finding amicable solutions whilst treating our customers fairly. Excellent customer engagement and communication skills are a necessity as the role requires both verbal and written communication to customers of all roles within their businesses.
You will be responsible for the effective resolution of customer queries and complaints received via telephone or email. You will be responsible for correctly identifying the key points to a customer’s enquiry in a timely manner, through quick and accurate diagnosis and communicating with the customer via telephone and email, directly resolving issues at first point of contact wherever possible, or creating the correct task to ensure the work is completed. In addition you will be tasked with the following:
• Managing workload effectively in order to resolve customer enquiries within the agreed timeframes made with the customer and providing interim updates to ensure customers are kept informed.
• Taking ownership for resolving enquiries, using internal and external sources to drive effective resolution at the earliest opportunity.
• Making effective decisions about the best solution for the customer and the business and working closely with the customer to build understanding and agreement.
• Proactively look for ways to add value to our business by actively talking to our customers about outstanding balances, promoting on-line account management or energy lead generation.
• Adhering to quality and compliance policies at all times in order to protect customer’s data and our business whilst identifying any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
• Operating information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
• Understanding and adhering to the company and department standards, policies and procedures.
• Adhering to the competence and training procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
We would like the successful candidate to have previous customer service experience, and a proven track record of working in a target driven environment. They will have excellent organisation and time management skills, and will be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated, have the ability to learn and investigate complex enquiries, and be able to work under pressure and handle challenging workloads. They will have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and influence and remain calm in challenging circumstances. They should also be a team player that can adapt to a fast paced and changing environment
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand. We're committed to identifying potential, providing development and career opportunities, and empowering you to make a difference. Success for us means that you can see a compelling future ahead of you within the business - the success of our business depends on it.
Please be aware that all offers of employment for this role are subject to a background check, including criminal and financial checks
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Customer Service Professional - Referrals R9935462’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com