Head of Digital Customer Experience
- UK - East (East Anglia, East Midlands & Yorkshire)
This individual is responsible for managing growth, cost savings and experience projects that develop and build new Digital capabilities to deliver a best in class experience for our customers.
The role holder is responsible for delivering transformational change across Digital Sales and Customer Self-Service channels. They will act as the key point of contact for senior business stakeholders (to Director level), managing specialist internal, outsourced and agency partners. This role is vital to the ongoing strategic development of our Digital capabilities and approach, with the challenge of supporting business priorities as well as delivering innovative, engaging solutions to time, budget and plan.
- Budgetary Responsibility: The role holder is responsible for delivering significant development projects with a budget of circa £2m annually. Projects involve a complex mix of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers including marketing agencies, strategic consultancies and internal and outsourced developers.
- Delivery: Experience of delivering projects using both Waterfall and Agile principles is critical to ensure we maximise ROI and deliver exceptional digital experiences
- Accountabilities / Consequences: Digital development projects currently identified have revenue generation and cost saving contributions with a net present value of over £20m. The incumbent will drive these projects and make a significant personal contribution to the success or failure of these projects and the delivery of value to the business.
- Stakeholder Management: The role involves a high degree of stakeholder management across multiple functions with significant exposure to senior level stakeholders. The role holder will be expected to be able to influence agent to director level
- Delegated Responsibility: This individual will be a key member of the Digital leadership team and will exercise significant delegated responsibility for decision making from the Digital Director.
- Leadership: Creating a culture of trust and empowerment to ensure we collaborate to win.
- Centrica Leadership behaviours for the role: Creates a compelling future, Delivers great performance, Demonstrates a passion for customers, Learns and shares knowledge, Inspires others to achieve
- Significant Digital experience
- Demonstrable people leadership experience
- Knowledge of digital platform is essential (e.g. SAP, SiteCat, JIRA)
- Proven resilience to succeed in a complex, matrix organisation is a must
- Strong commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver business goals
- Experience of best practice conversion optimisation as well as search, affiliates and display
- Significant experience of website design and management, and experience of delivering new, innovative digital capability projects within medium to large businesses
- A strong level of digital knowledge, preferably within B2B markets and solid understanding of key disciplines including web design, user experience and project management
- Proven track record of delivering online change programs using structured project management techniques (experience of agile & waterfall development is essential)
- A detailed and extensive knowledge of web usability and design best practice
- Strong understanding of all of the key principles of web design and user experience best practice which underpins development of effective websites
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Head of Digital Customer Experience R9932823’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com