Product Pricing Manager
- UK - South (South East, South West & London)
This role will manage the various different product pricing elements involved in Heating Installations (new boilers). This involves setting prices across the country for a wide range of products; analysing the impact of the pricing strategy; managing the discount strategy; and optimising prices in order to maximise value for the business.
- Support the Head of Customer Products and Propositions in owning the P&L for Non-Contract Services on behalf of UK Home, to deliver performance outcomes in line with agreed 3 year and 12 month plans – specifically, revenue, contribution, and earnings
- Manage the multiple price books employed
- Decision support analysis to understand the impact of pricing decisions impact on product mix and value to business
- Post implementation appraisal of making price changes
- Analysis of pricing versus competition
- Manage the portfolio of discounting codes
- Analysis of existing discounting performance with actionable recommendations to optimise value
- Decision support analysis to understand the risk/value of new discounting proposals
- Post implementation appraisal of new discounting codes
Average Order Value
- Make recommendations for AOV improvement strategies based on past performance, providing actionable reporting to enable optimisation of our sales team
- Provide trend analysis to an appropriate level of detail and consider key influences in creating the AOV input to the financial forecasting process
- Manage operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Ensure information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
Behavioural competencies required
- Passion for understanding the needs of the customer and how effective propositions influence behaviour. Ability to interpret consumer needs and create innovative/creative solutions to meet those needs
- Experience in multi-tasking, being able to navigate complex tasks & prioritise effectively
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, able to work quickly and under pressure
- Strong commercial and analytical skills and the ability to assimilate large amounts of data, working with competing variables
- Ability to present actionable insight to the requirements of the audience
- Strong stakeholder management skills, the candidate will need to engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels across the business
- Good time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously •Have the desire to continuously improve and take pride in their work
- Must be able to complete complex analysis autonomously and drive commercial decision making through insightful analysis and reporting
Technical competencies required
- High Level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- High Level of proficiency in Microsoft Access preferred
- Experience of HEAT and Salesforce preferred
- Aware of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas
- Understand good housekeeping for data protection and information security requirements
- Knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
- Able to demonstrate use of customer insight and fostering creativity to develop and improve customer propositions
- Evidence of demonstrating strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities including exploitation of digital technology
- MATRIX WORKING
- POSITIVE DISRUPTION
- SELF AWARENESS / PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Product Pricing Manager R9927474’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.