CRM Technical Analyst
- UK - South (South East, South West & London)
British Gas & Centrica are looking to expand their well established and industry leading Effectiveness & Optimisation Team at our HQ in Staines (TW18). As part of the effectiveness and optimisation team you will play a key role in making the customer contacts driven by data and customer centric view by providing the BG with timely, accurate and accessible effectiveness reporting and analysis to underpin multichannel contact decision making.
The role is predominantly a technical role but also requires you to provide leadership to members of the wider team and also users of our system ensuring that there is an excellent service provided
- Location: Staines (TW18)
- Salary: Competitive with extensive benefits on offer
What you will be doing with us:
In this role you will assume responsibility for maintaining and developing our existing and future reporting tools which mostly will be developed in MSBI environment with a link to the Data Lake within Big Data/Data Science environment.
- You will liaise with customers to ensure that their needs are met, data connections are effective and efficient, the system is simple and intuitive to use, that results are clear and utilize different data visualization techniques to make data accessible and maximize its impact.
- As a member of the team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a suite of reporting tools, responding to the different and changing needs of stakeholders by translating business requirements into effective technical designs and data models with a focus on ease of access and increased data visualisation.
- To carry out testing on the new reporting tools developed, ensuring that they are validated and provide accurate and timely reports.
- Analyse and resolve technical issues identified in existing systems, to translate business requirements into effective technical designs and data models.
- You will actively seek best practice in analysis and performance reporting, develop new products to meet the needs of the changing business and to assist the business deliver solutions that represent good value for money.
- Investigate and suggest technical solutions and methodologies to improve the optimisation process
- Ensuring we transition reporting seamlessly to new platforms and that all reporting becomes reflective of a customer lifecycle model; ensuring we have all the data assets we need in place
- Take ownership of the assigned work stack for all of marketing effectiveness and optimisation, prioritising and communicating this where appropriate
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate must either have a track record of successful delivery, or be able to demonstrate that they will quickly become expert (e.g. illustrating where similar technologies have been used) in the following areas:
- Experience of developing and implementing reporting tools and end to end processes
- Knowledge of the best practices in variety of reporting tools and data warehousing solutions
- Experience of highly numerate work, structured thinking, with strong analytical/data interpretation skills
- Experience of using industry leading data and analytical tools SQL / MS BI / VB.
- Experience or knowledge of Hadoop
- Business intelligence/enterprise reporting
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: CRM Technical Analyst R9918075’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.