Business Development Manager (Partner Markets)
- UK - Flexible
- Field Based
As an energy supplier with a unique 200 year heritage British Gas is one of the best known names in the UK energy market. British Gas Business provides over 500,000 business customers with a modern way to buy, use and generate energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for growing business through strategic Third Party Intermediaries (TPI’s), negotiating commercial deals and driving sales of energy and energy related services in our SME and Industrial & Commercial channels against a challenging set of targets aimed at growing British Gas’ portfolio of clients.
Location - Northern England based. Regular travel to clients sites and British Gas offices
- To create, manage and develop relationships with Third Party Intermediaries (TPI’s) at all levels including C level executives
- Build a portfolio of TPI’s to generate a pipeline of opportunities to exceed financial performance targets
- Increase our overall success/win rate from your portfolio of TPI’s
- Develop marketing and incentive plans with TPI’s to maximise opportunities for success
- Adopt and Implement current and future strategy for TPI’s
- Understand and utilise British Gas’ full range of products to provide innovative bespoke solutions for TPI’s and their customers
- Effectively manage your pipeline to maximise opportunities and be able to report on a range of KPI’s
- Provide competitor and market intelligence to influence the strategy and tactical position of the Partner Markets Channel
- Work with TPI’s to ensure that contracts are managed to their terms and conditions, including payment made within terms.
- To carry out all aspects of the role in line with current BGB standards, governance and processes, meeting training, regulatory, compliance and audit requirements
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities
Field sales and/or experience in the utilities sector would be desirable
We are looking for:
- B2B new business development experience is highly desirable
- Highly self motivated to deal with strategic and operational challenges in a fast-moving environment
- A naturally entrepreneurial outlook with ability to identify and deliver new innovative opportunities
- Committed to generate and develop a pipeline of business whilst working within a defined territory
- Prepared to dedicate the time required to build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident and credible communicating at all levels including C level executives
- Knowledge and experience of managing high value third party and client relationships
- Solid IT skills to manipulate data and take advantage of systems that assist them in their day to day role
Salary: £35-40,000p.a. depending on experience + performance related bonus scheme / company car / company pension scheme and a range of flexible benefits
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Business Development Manager (Partner Markets) R9916301’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.