Social Media Senior Manager
- UK - South (South East, South West & London)
Competitive base + extensive benefits + bonus.
Social Media Senior Manager – Overview:
- Competitive base + extensive benefits + bonus.
- Location: Staines - TW18 3AR with occasional travel to Central London.
- The Digital Team are high performing and has a high profile; this opportunity offers interactions and exposure to senior leadership, as well as the challenge to define and drive a social media strategy that resonates with our customers to facilitate a shift in public perception of our business.
Social Media Senior Manager - The Role:
- Manage a full range of social media channels, analysing and evaluating relative effectiveness, identifying and developing a presence on new platforms.
- Shape the social media strategy and customer service model, working collaboratively across the business to deliver social media objectives.
- Coach and lead the functional social media team and build a high performing, high delivery culture.
- Develop reporting and metrics to capture trends and measure success of social media engagement
- Implements social media best practice and innovation
Social Media Senior Manager - The Person:
- High performing background in social media marketing
- Comprehensive understanding of the social marketplace
- Good knowledge and experience of digital media / marketing
- Background within a customer centric organisation with an understanding of the importance of exceptional customer service
- Experience of managing Social Media Campaigns as well as agency partners
- Strategically focused with the ability to understand the short and medium term steps required to achieve a longer-term goals and implement our social media strategy
- Evidence of collaborative working with other marketing/customer service teams that demonstrates a flexible approach to delivery
- Experience of PR would be a distinct advantage
- Technical and analytical competencies with a detailed understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Sysomos and Adobe Social
- Flexibility in working hours required over the weekend and out of hours
Social Media Senior Manager - The Business
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group which supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services
Within British Gas, our Digital teams have been working hard to create a market leading digital presence. Today, we offer the online services we know our customers want. More and more customers are choosing to go online to submit meter readings, booking a boiler service or manage their direct debit.
We’ve seen a massive growth in the visits to, and use of our website. And that’s only part of our digital story. Mobile is going to be increasingly important in the way that we engage with our customers. 40% of our digital traffic comes from customers using mobile devices. Next year we expect internet usage through mobiles and tablets to overtake traditional computers.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button
To request an update on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Social Media Senior Manager (BG12499) in the subject title.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required